I have the privilege of being the PRO for Cobh Readers and Writers Festival. Each year they run a four day Festival in Cobh, the most beautiful seaside town in Ireland. This years festival runs from the 23rd to the 26th of April. The all volunteer committee do huge work each year to deliver the best festival they possibly can.
I have the task of running the website and social media accounts (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Tumblr).
We recently launched the 2nd Annual Cobh Readers and Writers Poetry Competition. This sub-event is organised and ran by myself, and I will be aided in my task by two guest judges (under wraps for now). Further details of the night of the event will be announced shortly.
Below is our Facebook post for the competition, should any PaperNeverRefusedInk followers like to enter.
We are delighted to announce that the 2nd Annual Cobh Readers and Writers Poetry Competition is now open for entry.
We hope to build on the huge success of last years event which saw entries from across the globe, so we are really looking forward to another excellent competition.
This years theme is ‘A Million Miles Away’, and please remember that a strong connection to the theme is important.
Great prizes for the top Adult (18+) and Youth (12-18) poets.
The winning poems and the ten highly commended poems will be published in the festival anthology, along with stories from the soon to be announced short story competition.
Closing Date is March 13th.
Entry is free and the strict rules are below.
Rules for Entries:
Theme: ‘A Million Miles Away’.
1. Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. No more than two entries per poet.
3. Attached as word doc only, (Poem Title_Poet Name).
4. No more than 40 lines, Single spaced, Times New Roman, Size 12.
5. Include a short 3rd person bio in email, not more than 120 words.
6. Judging will be on anonymised entries.
7. Must not have been published before in any format, in print or online.
8. Winners will be invited to the festival poetry event on Friday 24th April.
Please share this post far and wide.
Thanks as always to all our festival sponsors including Cork County Council and Cobh Credit Union Ltd.
Details of last years Festival Anthology coming soon.